Holland Hospital New Ambulatory Care Center
Holland Hospital decided to build a new 2-story ambulatory care center to connect to the existing hospital. In addition, a new 2-level parking ramp and heliport were constructed, and existing surgery, treatment, and central processing areas were renovated. The project was split into several phases to remain open throughout construction.
FTCH provided mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering services for this project. FTCH’s responsibilities included:
- Conducted onsite survey to gather information on actual site utilities and assist owner with documents for release of City-owned street easements.
- Conducted study to determine if chilled water systems were adequate to serve new construction.
- Installed new chiller and VAV and constant volume air handlers.
- Upgraded existing electrical power distribution systems.
- Upgraded deficiencies in municipal water supply for fire protection services.
- Installed various mechanical and electrical systems for new emergency/prime care department and trauma center, ambulatory surgery, radiology center, central registration, operating rooms, conference, and education areas.