Proud to be a sustainable company
Since the inception of the green building movement, FTCH professionals have pioneered as leaders. We recognize designing for the environment is more than the application of sustainable design strategies and technologies. It is combining these elements to create innovative and functional spaces that lift the human spirit. FTCH has over 40 Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professionals (LEED APs) experienced in applying sustainability principles to buildings, interiors, and landscapes. They create healthy, livable, and productive environments conceived and built in accordance with sustainability principles.
We not only design green, we live it. Our headquarters building in Grand Rapids, Michigan was certified under the U.S. Green Building Council’s (USGBC) LEED for Existing Buildings (LEED-EB) rating system. The program provides a framework for auditing and improving an existing building’s performance through efforts in recycling; water, energy, and materials conservation; and indoor air quality improvement. The certification is based on green operations and management practices that are also implemented in our regional offices, including:
- Green site and building exterior management
- Water efficient landscaping
- Commissioning electrical and HVAC systems
- Purchasing sustainable office equipment, furniture, supplies, and building materials
- Use of green cleaning products and equipment
As a result of implementing our green strategies:
- Employee absenteeism decreased over five consecutive years
- Energy and water consumption has decreased approximately 25% and 40% respectively
- $250,000 carpet replacement expense has been delayed four years since dirt and sand particles are being permanently removed resulting in less wear
As a result of our hard work and dedication to living green, FTCH was awarded 2nd place for the Office category in the 2015 Michigan Battle of the Buildings.